Buying a home should be fun, not stressful. As you look for your next home, keep in mind these tips for making your experience as peaceful as possible.
1. Find a real estate agent who you connect with. Home buying is not only a big financial commitment, but also an emotional one. It is critical the agent you choose is highly skilled and a good fit for you personality.
2. Remember, there's no "right" time to buy, just as there's no perfect time to sell. If you find a home now, don't try to second guess interest rates or housing market by waiting longer - you could risk losing out on the home of your dreams. The housing market usually doesn't change fast enough to make that much of a difference in price, and the home you want may not be available by then.
3. Don't ask for too many opinions. It's natural to want reassurance for such a big decision, but too many ideas from too many people may make it difficult to make a decision. Focus on the wants and needs of your immediate family - the people who will be living in the home.
4. Accept that no house is perfect. If it's in the right location, the yard may be a bit smaller than you'd hoped. The kitchen may be perfect, but the roof needs repair. Make a list of your top priorities and focus in on the things that are most important to you. Let the minor ones go.
5. Don't try to be a killer negotiator. Negotiation is definitely part of the real estate process. Keep in mind that most effective negotiation creates a "win-win" result. Playing "hardball" or trying to "win" the negotiation at the others expense may cost you a home you love. Negotiation is give and take.
6. Plan ahead. Don't wait until you have found a home and made an offer to get approved for a mortgage loan (unless you're fortunate enough to pay cash). Also consider a schedule for moving. Presenting an offer contingent on a lot of unresolved issues may make your bid less attractive to sellers.
If you're thinking about buying, give us a call, we would love the opportunity to earn your business! 402-274-1211. www.LunzmannRealty.com